Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Seedlings Planted...in Soil




I know, I know....Hydroponics is all about water and soil-less gardening. But I've not seen much information on starting seeds hydroponically. So....I just planted them in soil in jiffy pots.

For my first year I decided to grow: NON-GMO green beans(bush), cucumbers(bush), tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, eggplant, okra, bell pepper, Serrano pepper and yellow squash....I told you I was jumping right in! I figure if one crop fails, I'll have others to fall back on.

And here they are: waiting to germinate. They were planted March 14th. These seedlings will never be outside! I know...that sounds kind of sad, but I'm prepared to be Mother Nature and the Bee.


I had these babies that I intended to plant outside but I've since changed my mind. They will be grown hydroponically also. I have here curly and flat leaf parsley, basil, oregano and lavender. The rosemary is in a nice size pot so I've decided to leave it in soil and keep indoors. I love to smell rosemary!

Until next time...wait until you see how ALL my babies have grown. 

I'm amazed everyday at the changes I see!

God is Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment